Welcome To My Blog! Life in the farm is interesting and fun, and I hope you enjoy sharing the ups and downs of a life full of animals.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pinky: Sweetest of them All

She certainly is. Today I want to introduce you to Pinky; a 3 year old Mille Fleur D’uccle hen. Diminutive and very friendly, Pinky is my favorite. She is also the lowest on the pecking order….

I first met Pinky at the Jackson’s farm where I was boarding my mare, Sprite. She intrigued me, seeing as she was the only chicken there I could pet or pick up. Each day she would run over to say hello. Slowly the other chickens were picked off by roosters, and I worried she would be too. So the Jackson’s kindly gave her to me, and into the fortress pen she went. She definitely enjoyed the car ride home.

Apparently Pinky was picked on as a chick. Some crazy lady, as a last ditch effort to save her, smeared some pink cream on her. She lived, and received her name; Pinky.

Pinky definitely loves her daily treats and I love her. We go for walks together. J



Cheers, Q.A.A

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful <3

    I had a D'Uccle once, but she passed away :( I really loved that bird! They have such personalities.

    ReplyDelete