Welcome To My Blog! Life in the farm is interesting and fun, and I hope you enjoy sharing the ups and downs of a life full of animals.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Morven Park: Make Good things out of Bad.

Actually, Morven Park went pretty well. Sabrina, Google, Molly, Maddie and I headed down Friday night. We got settled, then spent Friday ( and Saturday too) night at Best Western. Saturday was cold, rainy and Windy. I mean it poured all day, destroying the show-jump, Cross-country, and warm-up area. Ugh. Sabrina had dressage and SJ on Saturday. She was a little nervous for both, but ended up doing OK. That night we also had time for a little shopping and relaxation in the hotel.

On Sunday It was also cold, rainy and windy.  Slightly less rain than Saturday though. I had dressage, and was very happy to have my best test yet with Google: a 38.5. Now, while that may not seem like the best score, it felt good for me. :)  We also succesfully maneuvered the sloppy SJ, taking down only one rail at a huge oxer with a giant puddle in front you also had to jump. I am not dissapointed with that. And then there was XC. I am mad at myself. It did go well, but we stopped at the 5th jump, a trakehner, because I didn't give him a tap with the crop. I should have, but he felt like he was going to do it, and..... yeah. At least we did it succesfully the next time, and did well on the rest of the course.

Sabrina went on XC, and ran out at the second jump. Sabrina NEVER stops, so Molly retired her. She is fairly new to Intermediate level, and jumping up out of that mud was just too much for her. I also think Molly is having some confidence issues after Fair Hill. Or maybe She thinks Sabrina would've...?

Positives:

Maddie
Reese's cups
Nice Hotel
Good SJ
Good Dressage
Molly
Most of XC

Negatives:
Weather
Weather :P
Stop on XC

There. I have no reason to be dissapointed.

Cheers! --Quinn A.A

No comments:

Post a Comment