Welcome To My Blog! Life in the farm is interesting and fun, and I hope you enjoy sharing the ups and downs of a life full of animals.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

From Trashcans to Beauty: The Story of Two Lucky Roses.

Several years ago my mom brought home two of the most pathetic roses I have ever seen. Ever. They had no leaves, and were simply a ball of roots and a few stems poking out. She told me they had been rescued from a trashcan. That explaineed their patheticness. I decided they deserved a second chance, and planted them right away. Slowly, painfully slowly, they grew leaves throughout that summer.

The next spring they were still alive, and they continued their recovery period. By the end of the summer we were rewarded with one rose. Yay!

The next summer, three roses.

And this year? Nine total.  See for yourself the reward they gave us. It may not be much to you, but for me it is Victory!




This weeks reward- please ignore holey leaves.



Last weeks reward! :)
That's all for Today!
Cheers -- Quinn A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment